HEVC (also known as H.265) promises significant quality improvements and bit rate savings, from mobile phones to 4K distribution. This webinar provides practical data comparing HEVC with MPEG-2 and H.264, and suggests recommended HEVC encoding settings.
What you'll learn:
- Which bit rates are appropriate for different frame sizes
- How HEVC quality compares to H.264 and MPEG-2
- Recommended HEVC encoding settings for various
resolutions and types of materials
- Which HEVC bit rates achieve similar quality to common H.264 and MPEG-2 distribution formats for cable, IPTV and mobile distribution
- Quality measurements when encoding HEVC at the same bit rates as H.264 and MPEG-2 formats
- Tests are done on a variety of material including sports, news, and movies
To learn more about Telestream's advanced file-based video transcoding and workflow automation solutions, including support for HEVC, 4K, x264, GPU acceleration and more, visit our website.
Register to view this recorded webinar: