Why are Episode products entering EOL
“People think focus means saying yes to the thing you've got to focus on. But that's not what it means at all. It means saying no to the hundred other good ideas that there are. You have to pick carefully .... Innovation is saying no to 1,000 things.” ~Steve Jobs
At Telestream, we consider ourselves innovators. And sometimes the hardest decisions we have to make are those where we have to choose between multiple good courses of action. Increasing our focus and innovation in our core businesses of scalable transcoding and workflow automation, streaming, and cloud requires us to exit other product areas such as our desktop encoding products. We apologize for any disruption this causes you, and are committed to delivering continued support through the end of life process.
What are the products involved in the EOL?
- Episode Pro
- Episode Engine
What are the key milestone dates?
- End of Sale: January 31, 2017
- End of Support: January 31, 2018
Will my Episode products continue to function after EOL?
Yes, you can continue to use your Episode products for as long as they fit into your workflows. Telestream will no longer provide support after January 31, 2018.
What should I do with my Episode products?
You can continue to use your Episode products for as long as they fit into your workflows. Alternatively, you can transition to one of our other industry leading transcoding solutions: Telestream Cloud, or Vantage transcoding and workflow automation.
Why Telestream Cloud and Vantage?
- For Episode and Episode Pro customers, we suggest you transition to Telestream Cloud:
- Telestream Cloud is a high quality, video encoding software-as-a-service (SaaS) in the cloud. Telestream Cloud pricing is structured as pay-as-you-go monthly subscriptions for quick scaling as your workflow changes with no upfront expenses. For Episode customers, this means you get fast, powerful transcoding at a fraction of the cost of purchasing a new system. Additionally, we’ve created a number of Episode Presets in Telestream Cloud for easy migration of your workflows.
- For Episode Engine customers, we suggest you transition to Telestream Vantage:
- Vantage® is a powerful, scalable, software-enabled media processing platform that manages all media services from the camera to the point of distribution. For Episode users that means you get all the formats you need PLUS faster performance on nearly all your workflows, and improved workflow automation capabilities. We're offering a 30% discount on Vantage Transcode, Transcode Pro and Transcode Pro Connect to those who own Episode Engine.
Will you be building new features for Episode once the end-of-sale and transition is announced?
No. New features and enhancement requests will no longer be developed
Can I continue to receive support if I’m a Premium Support customer?
As a Premium Support customer, you will continue to receive Premium Support until your support contract expires. You may renew your Premium Support contract pro-rated for a final day of support ending 1/31/2018.
Will Telestream Cloud or Vantage be integrating any presets from Episode?
Telestream Cloud will have numerous built in presets from Episode for easy migration of workflows.
Are there any incentive programs to switch to Telestream Cloud or Vantage?
Whom should I contact if I have more questions?
Send an email to email@example.com